Dear prayer partners! First, we would like to greet all of you in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior. It is always a joy and privilege for our family to share what is going on in the Lord’s ministry in Lawaan Baptist Church in Samar. By God’s grace and the power of the Holy Spirit, we are being used to do work here. We have had blessings and challenges recently that we would like to share with you all. It is a blessing for our church here to have regular services on Sundays and Wednesdays in our place. We thank God so very much for three adults and six children who have trusted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. We continue to minister to the children through our feeding program. Children, in addition to their mothers, hear the Gospel through this ministry. Some of the young people and women have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We also held a ladies fellowship and youth fellowship in our church.
- Please pray for those whose relatives are ridiculing and pressuring them, that they will not be swayed or tempted. Pray that they will abide in the Lord Jesus Christ and grow in faith and knowledge.
I had an opportunity to enjoy a time of fellowship with pastors and workers in Tacloban City. The fellowship with co-workers was reviving and beneficial. I praise the Lord for another opportunity where I got to share the Gospel. It happened at a funeral service that was attended by unbelieving family and friends. Fifteen church members accompanied me to encourage the bereaved family. Three people professed faith in Jesus Christ.
- Please pray that we will be able to reach out to them.
Last November, the church hosted the Pastors from Leyte and Samar. The seminar was about rediscovering spiritual gifts. Praise God, it was very successful! Almost thirty delegates from various churches joined together. We thank and give praise to God for providing the funds needed for the food and the gifts for the speakers.
The 3rd Sunday of November, Pastor Forest Jones was the guest speaker in Lawaan. Our speaker shared an encouraging and powerful message from the Word; it really was a blessing to all of us. I began an evening Bible study at Ladan’s family, in Barangay 9 Lawaan, Eastern Samar. Some of the neighboring families were invited and they were so excited to attend. Some of them are also attending the worship service on Sundays.
- Pray for this Bible study, that it will be used by God in each of their lives, that the Word will enlighten them, and that they will truly serve Jesus.
This December, I will be speaking at our juniors and seniors conference in Hilongos, Leyte.
- Please pray that Lord will give me wisdom and strength at the conference.
- Please pray for the upcoming thanksgiving celebration as I will be emphasizing the real meaning of Christmas. May God sustain us!
- Please pray that the Lord will provide for me good Bible study materials.
- Please also pray for two wheelchairs that needed to help people that come to our church services.
Thank you for your continuing support and prayer. God bless you more and more to the praise of His glory!